upgrading cpu in dell inspiron 1100

  • Mike S.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2004
      This isn't a linux subject but I know there are lots of experienced
      people here. I bought a dell inspiron 1100 and when I customized it I
      chose the celeron processor. I am wondering since the pentium 4 was an
      option when I purchased it if I could buy a pentium 4 chip and have
      somone put it in for me. Also what kind of chip do I need? I tried to
      ask dell about this but that didn't go very well.. They refused to
      give me a yes or no answer reguarding my question and eventually I
      just stopped asking. I think the proformace would icnrease greatly
      with a pentium 4 and another 256 megs of ram so if anyone has done
      this sort of thing please give me some advice :) thanks

      Michael