Wireless PCMCIA help - Inspiron 1100...

  • dellrio12
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2004
      Hi thanks again for all the help with the screen, now on to the next
      issue. I have 2 different PCMCIA 802.11b cards and i dont know how
      to make them work. (Dell Inspiron 1100)

      one is a Dell True Mobile 1300
      the other is Linksys WPC 11 V. 4

      I found this website for the linksys card
      http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/wpc11_linux.htm

      and downloaded the project

      On this page the guy mentions that he successfully compiled
      how do i go about doing this? The readme file in the package
      explains but - I do not konw a lot about linux yet - again
      i have only been using it for 8 days now - they talk about
      configuring the kernel and i really dont understand yet.
      Does anyone have any experience with this card? If so could
      you give me some advice? Otherwise anyone else offer general
      help?

      Thanks Again
      Nick
    • Jeff Rossi
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 24, 2004
        Linksys changed chipsets between v3 & v4 of that card as far as I
        know. I believe there is no support available for the version 4 card.
        I use the version 3 card and it just plugged in and worked using
        slackware. I think the dell card will work using the orinoco driver,
        which is part of the kernel.