acpi->sleep & touchpad problem

  • j_o_nilsson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2004

      I have a Dell Latitude D600 laptop, with Redhat 9 and upgraded kernel
      to 2.4.24. The touchpad works great together with my usb-dell mouse by
      editing the XF86Config file.

      But, after putting my laptop in sleep mode:
      $ echo 1 > /proc/acpi/sleep
      the touchpad stops working (however, the usb mouse still works)

      What can be the problem? And what is the easiest way to get the
      touchpad working after a suspend or lidclose?

      Cheers,

      Jonas
    • rumtictac
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2004
        > But, after putting my laptop in sleep mode:
        > $ echo 1 > /proc/acpi/sleep
        > the touchpad stops working (however, the usb mouse still works)

        I assume you mean it's not working after resuming? Try ctrl-alt-f1 to
        switch out of X to vc1 then alt-f7 to switch back to X... it seems
        that the tp driver gets out of sync and is stopped when it should be
        running or something... this has worked for me in the past anyhow and
        it's not too much of a PITA.

        Cheers,
        Derek