Linuxant Driver for Inspiron 5100

  • Dan Miner-Nordstrom
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13 8:12 AM
      Hi Group,

      I'm using Mandrake 9.1 on an Inspiron 5100, and am having a major
      problem with the free Linuxant driver and my ICH (HSF) Modem. It is a
      Conexant modem (8086:24C6), and should work fine.

      But the problem is that when I'm using KPPP to dialup, the modem hangs
      on the number 0 (zero). I can dial numbers like 566-2355, or
      444-4444, or whatever, but when I try to dial my ISP (490-0490) it
      hangs after the first 9 (nine).

      I should mention that the modem works fine under Windows XP, and that
      I'm using PULSE dialing (because I live in Ukraine and we don't have
      tone dialing at all).

      One obvious solution that occurs to me is to find an ISP that has a
      phone number without zeros. But perhaps there's another fix of some
      kind. Has anyone had this problem? The kind folks at Linuxant are
      helping, too.

      Linux is cool.

      Dan

      Ps. My kernel is 2.4.21, and I'm using BIOS version A21.