Re: Which Distros work best on Inspiron 5150 model?

  • Jon Grosshart
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2004
      You guys have a sweet laptop.... I'm jealous... You will have no
      problem with that model... It's actually better to have a nvidia GPU
      in Linux, in most cases... I find they are better supported.... With
      alot of Raedons, you can only manage to use DRI and not openGL... Any
      distro should be great on that laptop. I would consider Slackware as
      well if your atleast familiar with Linux... If they are still using
      Conexant based win-modems, you will have no problem at all using that
      as well... Dell is pretty good about harware and Linux... They used to
      openly support it, now they just do it behind closed doors.... Dell
      truemobile is also supported with drivers from Linuxant.com as well as
      the winmodems with a conexant chipset....

      Jon

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, martin d white