Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Petition for Intel Support of Centrino Under Linux

  • Damien Solley
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 4, 2004
      Steve Harris wrote:
      > On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 11:46:00 +0100, NakedMind wrote:
      > > Dear all,
      > >
      > > I have just read and signed the online petition:
      > >
      > > "Intel Support of Centrino Under Linux"
      >
      > Or dont. Intel have recently said thier going to support linux
      > (http://news.com.com/2100-7344-5145073.html) so dont anoy them with out of
      > date petitions.
      >
      > - Steve

      Hi Steve
      Intel has clearly dragged their feet with linux Centrino support and
      continue to so. The article you referenced gives no firm dates, indeed
      it hints at continued delays in the title ("Intel mulls Linux Centrino
      support"), so isn't really proof of their firm intentions to support us.
      Anyway, it's a long time coming. Check the dates on these:
      http://news.com.com/2100-1006-993896.html?tag=lh
      http://www.theinquirer.net//?article=13338
      I've signed the petition and I think that anyone with an interest should
      at least have a read of it.
      Regards
      Damien