Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Grub.cfg Dell Inspiron 1100

  • Damien Solley
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
      Douglas S. Oliver wrote:
      > hdc? That's usually the cdrom drive. It should probably be hda2 or hda3.
      >
      > hda2 /boot
      > hda3 /
      >
      > --d

      Not in the 1100. The HDD is set up as secondary master, with the CD set
      up at primary master. I'm not sure why Dell went with this, but it
      doesn't have any performance disadvantages.
      Regards
      Damien
    • Duke A. Darrigo II
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
        I was gonna ask why ;) lol...

        >From: Damien Solley <dsolley@...>
        >To: linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Grub.cfg Dell Inspiron 1100
        >Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:43:23 +1100
        >
        >Douglas S. Oliver wrote:
        > > hdc? That's usually the cdrom drive. It should probably be hda2 or hda3.
        > >
        > > hda2 /boot
        > > hda3 /
        > >
        > > --d
        >
        >Not in the 1100. The HDD is set up as secondary master, with the CD set
        >up at primary master. I'm not sure why Dell went with this, but it
        >doesn't have any performance disadvantages.
        >Regards
        >Damien

        Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software � optimizes dial-up to the max!