Re: Dell Truemobile 1150 problem

  • hfelton11
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      i dont have any really useful info, just a couple
      of anectdotal-type thoughts.

      1 - someone nearby moved in and has set
      up a wap that may be _competing_ for your
      airspace now. [i have dropouts when my
      neighbor fires up their computer/wap]

      2 - the router is now having to _calculate_
      information based on the non-pre-programmed-essid
      and this is causing it to _go slower_ and
      then drop-connections due to timeouts.
      [this is a wild-ass-guess, no data]

      3 - the new firmware has a memory-leak that
      is causing the router to have to reset.
      [also a wag, least-likely imho]

      there was an article in this-months nuts-n-volts
      which describes an experiment to pickup some
      of the stray em-radiation we live with every
      day - it was kinda interesting.

      good luck, h.

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "jorgy" <jorgy@y...>