[linux-dell-laptops] RH5 Networking Problems

  • mf@osfn.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 1999
      I am on a Dell Lattitude CPMX233XT and it is in a docking station.
      However, I cannot connect to the NT network. Anyone who could help me
      in this matter I would appreciate an email at mf@...
      thanks in advance
      Matt
    • neil
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 23, 1999
        On Fri, 23 Jul 1999 mf@... wrote:

        > I am on a Dell Lattitude CPMX233XT and it is in a docking station.
        > However, I cannot connect to the NT network. Anyone who could help me
        > in this matter I would appreciate an email at mf@...
        > thanks in advance
        > Matt

        Why do you want to connmect to an NT network ?

        If you want NT fileserving and printing then you'll need to install SAMBA.

        Can get a TCP/IP connection at all ? Is the adaptor working ?

        Neil