[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Video problem

  • mittewil@bigfoot.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 16, 1999
      <37974122.34585173-@...> wrote:
      =15
      > On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:05:40 -0700, you wrote:
      >
      > >Does anyone know how to
      > >correct this or is the only solution to disable this feature in the
      > >bios?
      >
      > I don't know about this. Which window manager are U using ?
      >
      > Neil

      I am using gnome but it also does this in kde or when xdm is running.

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops
    • bkitchen@slxcg01.csw.l-3com.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 1999
        I have a Dell Latitude CPiA laptop running Red Hat Linux 5.2. After
        some hacking, we managed to get it to run X even with the notorious
        Neomagic 256 chipset. Except for one thing: when you close the screen
        (causing the machine to suspend), and then reopen it, the graphics are
        corrupted. This is not a problem in Windows. I am assuming that the
        graphics card gets shut down on a suspend, and must be reinitialized,
        which is handled nicely by the Windows drivers but not by Linux. I
        notice you posted a query for help about a similar problem with your
        Latitude CP M233XT. Did you ever get a resolution to the problem?

        - Brent Kitchen

        =14