Re: [linux-dell-laptops] TV out on radeon (was: Re: infrared on Inspiron 4150)

  • Spiros Kapetanakis
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
      What is it specifically that doesn't work?

      Mention thesethings one at a time and we may be able (as a community) to
      help. I'm afraid I haven't had time to make a webpage for the setting up
      of the Inspiron 4150 with Debian, I just looked at what other people had
      done for their laptops (even if they were other models) and used that
      advice to set mine up.

      Spiros Kapetanakis

      yetanotherdrake wrote:
      > Its all great that fellow 4150 users have set up their notebooks to
      > work. As to myself, i haven't been able to. Is there a specific site
      > you went to or have any of you written a quick How to i can follow?
      >
      > i went to linux-laptops but didn't prove to work too well for me.
      >

      > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Paul V. Gratz"
      > <pgratz@g...> wrote:
      > > Just FYI, I've recently found that for TV output on radeon mobility
      > > based chips, the gatos project seems to work better than the
      > atitvout
      > > stuff. The site is:
      > > http://gatos.sourceforge.net/
      > > Paul
      > >
      > > On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 12:43, Pavel Akimov wrote:
      > > > Hi Spiros:

      > > > I have not tried it myself as yet, so no help here. Sorry :)

      > > > I have an Inspiron 4150 with SuSE 8.2.
      > > > The graphic card is ATI Radeon Mobility 7500.
      > > > The modem is ActionTec 56k winmodem.
      > > >
      > > > TV out and modem are working fine for me under linux.
      > > >
      > > > -- as to the TV out, you might find useful to take
      > > > a look at the `atitvout' project.
      > > >
      > > > -- as to the modem, drivers from www.linuxant.com
      > > > work for me.
      > > >
      > > > Good luck,
      > > > Pavel

      > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
      > <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cva1ss5/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1708211820:HM/EXP=1075804034/A=1945637/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178397&partid=4116732>

    • Paul Gratz
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
        I just basically went through the instructions on the GATOS website
        (http://gatos.sourceforge.net) Where are you getting stuck?
        Paul