TV out on radeon (was: Re: infrared on Inspiron 4150)

  • yetanotherdrake
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
      Its all great that fellow 4150 users have set up their notebooks to
      work. As to myself, i haven't been able to. Is there a specific site
      you went to or have any of you written a quick How to i can follow?

      i went to linux-laptops but didn't prove to work too well for me.

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Paul V. Gratz"
      <pgratz@g...> wrote:
      > Just FYI, I've recently found that for TV output on radeon mobility
      > based chips, the gatos project seems to work better than the
      atitvout
      > stuff. The site is:
      > http://gatos.sourceforge.net/
      > Paul
      >
      > On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 12:43, Pavel Akimov wrote:
      > > Hi Spiros:
      > >
      > > > I was just wondering, has anyone out there got their
      > > > infrared port to work under Linux on the Dell Inspiron 4150?
      > >
      > > I have not tried it myself as yet, so no help here. Sorry :)
      > >

      > > > I've managed to get everything else to work on the laptop
      > > > (except TV out and the winmodem as I haven't had time to
      > > > fiddle) so it would be nice to have it all fully working.
      > >
      > > I have an Inspiron 4150 with SuSE 8.2.
      > > The graphic card is ATI Radeon Mobility 7500.
      > > The modem is ActionTec 56k winmodem.
      > >
      > > TV out and modem are working fine for me under linux.
      > >
      > > -- as to the TV out, you might find useful to take
      > > a look at the `atitvout' project.
      > >
      > > -- as to the modem, drivers from www.linuxant.com
      > > work for me.
      > >
      > > Good luck,
      > > Pavel

      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Spiros Kapetanakis
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
        What is it specifically that doesn't work?

        Mention thesethings one at a time and we may be able (as a community) to
        help. I'm afraid I haven't had time to make a webpage for the setting up
        of the Inspiron 4150 with Debian, I just looked at what other people had
        done for their laptops (even if they were other models) and used that
        advice to set mine up.

        Spiros Kapetanakis

        yetanotherdrake wrote:
        > Its all great that fellow 4150 users have set up their notebooks to
        > work. As to myself, i haven't been able to. Is there a specific site
        > you went to or have any of you written a quick How to i can follow?
        >
        > i went to linux-laptops but didn't prove to work too well for me.
        >

        > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Paul V. Gratz"
        > <pgratz@g...> wrote:
        > > Just FYI, I've recently found that for TV output on radeon mobility
        > > based chips, the gatos project seems to work better than the
        > atitvout
        > > stuff. The site is:
        > > http://gatos.sourceforge.net/
        > > Paul
        > >
        > > On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 12:43, Pavel Akimov wrote:
        > > > Hi Spiros:

        > > > I have not tried it myself as yet, so no help here. Sorry :)

        > > > I have an Inspiron 4150 with SuSE 8.2.
        > > > The graphic card is ATI Radeon Mobility 7500.
        > > > The modem is ActionTec 56k winmodem.
        > > >
        > > > TV out and modem are working fine for me under linux.
        > > >
        > > > -- as to the TV out, you might find useful to take
        > > > a look at the `atitvout' project.
        > > >
        > > > -- as to the modem, drivers from www.linuxant.com
        > > > work for me.
        > > >
        > > > Good luck,
        > > > Pavel

        > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
        > <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cva1ss5/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1708211820:HM/EXP=1075804034/A=1945637/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178397&partid=4116732>

      • Paul Gratz
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
          I just basically went through the instructions on the GATOS website
          (http://gatos.sourceforge.net) Where are you getting stuck?
          Paul