Re: Dock issues/questions

  • ujecrh
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
      > 2. The other problem I have noticed is that the d/port's headphone
      > jack doesn't work. Plugging in headphones/ext. speakers silences
      the
      > laptop's speakers, but no sound comes through the headphones/ext.
      > speakers. (This works fine on Win2K).
      No idea about the other problems but I just wanted to let you know
      that I have the same speakers issue with Mandrake 9.2. Linux drivers
      (OSS in my case) do not seem to support the dock ourput.
    • Aaron Luptak
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
        On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 13:21, satyalinux wrote:
        > hey folks,
        >
        > A few problems I'm having. Please help.
        >
        > I have a Dell Lat. D600 with a d/port replicator (docking station)
        > running Fedora.
        >
        > 1. When I log out, the monitor screen blanks (no login screen - works
        > fine on initial bootup). So, I have to shutdown everytime I logout.
        > Very annoying.
        >
        > 2. The other problem I have noticed is that the d/port's headphone
        > jack doesn't work. Plugging in headphones/ext. speakers silences the
        > laptop's speakers, but no sound comes through the headphones/ext.
        > speakers. (This works fine on Win2K).
        >
        > 3. Can you undock while Fedora is running?

        1. Sounds like a problem with the display manager (XDM/GDM/KDM)
        Probably GDM if you're running Fedora Core. More than that, I do not
        know.

        2. Similar here - Plugging mine in doesn't even mute the laptop
        speakers. I've tried all the volume controls that alsa gives me, and
        get no output.

        3. You should be able to, you may have to make some changes to your
        kernel config and recompile for this. With debian and a custom kernel,
        I can undock while running, but cannot dock while running. You may have
        to change the display and back again (Ctrl+Alt+F1), then (Ctrl+Alt+F7)

        aaron