configure linmodem on inspiron 4150

  • rozio_alfonso
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
      hello,

      I have problems with my linmodem. I read documentation in
      http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/ and execute "scanmodem" and my modem
      would work with pctel drivers or linuxant drivers.

      I'd probed with pctel drivers and my modem not work. I don't receive
      signal from my modem (with kppp). With lsmod or dmesg I see to load
      the driver.

      With linuxant drivers, conexion works fine, but these drivers have
      cost. Conexion is limited to 14400 bps if you don't pay.

      I read documentation about dell inspiron 4150 on
      http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/dell.html but I cannot solve my problem.

      anybody configure this modem on dell inspiron 4150?

      Sorry by my poor english.

      regards,
      rozio
    • Brock Campbell
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
        I went down the same road, and ended up biting the bullet and buying the
        drivers. There rationale for charging for the drivers is solid and I
        don't mind investing a few dollars to assist a company producing what is
        really a very niche market product. I would look at this option unless
        the cost is truly prohibitive. I'm guessing however that since you have
        the same laptop as me that your ability to pay is roughly the same as
        mine.

        Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.

        --
        Brock Campbell
        -- System Integration, Consulting, Disaster Recovery --