Mandrake 9.2 and inspiration 1100

  • Onyx Snowfoot
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 28, 2004
      Okies, the problem I'm having is that mandrake setups up my lcd
      screen as a generic 640x480 screen and my display is set at 1024x768
      (intel 845) anyway it's like looking at a full screen through a
      little hole in a box any ideas?
    • Damien Solley
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 28, 2004
        Onyx Snowfoot wrote:
        > Okies, the problem I'm having is that mandrake setups up my lcd
        > screen as a generic 640x480 screen and my display is set at 1024x768
        > (intel 845) anyway it's like looking at a full screen through a
        > little hole in a box any ideas?

        A. Check your BIOS version, either A06 or A20-something.
        B. Go to:
        http://geocities.com/randomnumbergenerator2001/#redhat_9_display
        And walk through the instructions for your BIOS.
        Regards
        Damien
      • Onyx Snowfoot
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 29, 2004
          I'm running bios A27. also when in step 3 when I run "make" it gives
          me an error:

          cc -c -Wall -Ilrmi-0.8 -o 845patch.o 845patch.c
          make: cc: Command not found
          make: *** [845patch.o] Error 127

          and the "cp 845patch /sbin/" gives this error
          cp: cannot stat '845patch': No such file or directory

          --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Damien Solley
          <dsolley@s...> wrote:
          > Onyx Snowfoot wrote:
          > > Okies, the problem I'm having is that mandrake setups up my lcd
          > > screen as a generic 640x480 screen and my display is set at
          1024x768
          > > (intel 845) anyway it's like looking at a full screen through a
          > > little hole in a box any ideas?
          > >

          > A. Check your BIOS version, either A06 or A20-something.
          > B. Go to:
          > http://geocities.com/randomnumbergenerator2001/#redhat_9_display
          > And walk through the instructions for your BIOS.
          > Regards
          > Damien
        • Damien Solley
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 29, 2004
            Onyx Snowfoot wrote:
            > I'm running bios A27. also when in step 3 when I run "make" it gives
            > me an error:
            >
            > cc -c -Wall -Ilrmi-0.8 -o 845patch.o 845patch.c
            > make: cc: Command not found
            > make: *** [845patch.o] Error 127
            >
            > and the "cp 845patch /sbin/" gives this error
            > cp: cannot stat '845patch': No such file or directory

            make: cc: Command not found
            That means that make and gcc are not installed. Please follow the
            instructions on the webpage, which _order_ you to install these first :-)
            Damien
          • Onyx Snowfoot
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 30, 2004
              Ok, got it up, and thanks for your help, but one more question any
              idea how to configure a dell truemobile 1300 wireless card?
            • Damien Solley
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 30, 2004
                Onyx Snowfoot wrote:
                > Ok, got it up, and thanks for your help, but one more question any
                > idea how to configure a dell truemobile 1300 wireless card?

                Nope, ;-)
                But there has been other posts regarding this, try searching on the
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-dell-laptops site.
                Regards
                Damien
              • michael fivis
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 30, 2004
                  In regards to truemobile 1300 wifi card---
                  go to http://linuxant.com and get driverloader

                  it's not exactly free or open source, but it does the trick beautifully. (30
                  day trial, then lifetime license is 20 bucks)
                • Onyx Snowfoot
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 2, 2004
                    Bah.. I'll just exchange it. Anyone have a good recommendation?

                    --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, michael fivis