overheating issues.

  • Joshua
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2004
      I have a dell 5100. I am running slack 9.1 with kernel 2.6.1. The
      problem is with 2.6 kernels in general. And the ACPI patch. when i
      close my lid for any period of time the machine is getting hotter than
      normal. The fans kick on full throttle for long periods of time. acpid
      in /proc/acpi says 25(c), however it is not that cool. has anyone else
      noticed anything broken with the 5100s and ACPI that i am missing?

      I dont think it is the kernel, however maybe the patch. or is it just
      a dell issue. It is still under warranty but i would rather not send
      it back, but if so i will. Any suggestions, comments, need more info?

      -Joshua