Dock issues/questions

  • satyalinux
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2004
      hey folks,

      A few problems I'm having. Please help.

      I have a Dell Lat. D600 with a d/port replicator (docking station)
      running Fedora.

      1. When I log out, the monitor screen blanks (no login screen - works
      fine on initial bootup). So, I have to shutdown everytime I logout.
      Very annoying.

      2. The other problem I have noticed is that the d/port's headphone
      jack doesn't work. Plugging in headphones/ext. speakers silences the
      laptop's speakers, but no sound comes through the headphones/ext.
      speakers. (This works fine on Win2K).

      3. Can you undock while Fedora is running?

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      ~satya
    • ujecrh
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
        > 2. The other problem I have noticed is that the d/port's headphone
        > jack doesn't work. Plugging in headphones/ext. speakers silences
        the
        > laptop's speakers, but no sound comes through the headphones/ext.
        > speakers. (This works fine on Win2K).
        No idea about the other problems but I just wanted to let you know
        that I have the same speakers issue with Mandrake 9.2. Linux drivers
        (OSS in my case) do not seem to support the dock ourput.
      • Aaron Luptak
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
          On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 13:21, satyalinux wrote:
          > hey folks,
          >
          > A few problems I'm having. Please help.
          >
          > I have a Dell Lat. D600 with a d/port replicator (docking station)
          > running Fedora.
          >
          > 1. When I log out, the monitor screen blanks (no login screen - works
          > fine on initial bootup). So, I have to shutdown everytime I logout.
          > Very annoying.
          >
          > 2. The other problem I have noticed is that the d/port's headphone
          > jack doesn't work. Plugging in headphones/ext. speakers silences the
          > laptop's speakers, but no sound comes through the headphones/ext.
          > speakers. (This works fine on Win2K).
          >
          > 3. Can you undock while Fedora is running?

          1. Sounds like a problem with the display manager (XDM/GDM/KDM)
          Probably GDM if you're running Fedora Core. More than that, I do not
          know.

          2. Similar here - Plugging mine in doesn't even mute the laptop
          speakers. I've tried all the volume controls that alsa gives me, and
          get no output.

          3. You should be able to, you may have to make some changes to your
          kernel config and recompile for this. With debian and a custom kernel,
          I can undock while running, but cannot dock while running. You may have
          to change the display and back again (Ctrl+Alt+F1), then (Ctrl+Alt+F7)

          aaron