[linux-dell-laptops] Inspiron 3k / RH 6.1 / Printer

  • Terrence O'Connor
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 11, 1999
      Printtool does not detect any device on my parrallel port after installing
      RH 6.1. I checked my bios settings and ensured my OS is not PnP and my
      parrallel port is set to AUTO and not PnP. However, I still cannot detect
      nor print to my printer, which previously worked under RH 6.0. Any help
      would be appreciated. Thanks. --tj
    • Terrence O'Connor
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 12, 1999
        Hi all,

        I tried compiling one of the new developmental 2.3x kernels that supports
        USB but I could not get it to work. Has anyone had any luck with any USB
        devices yet? Thanks. --tj
      • lootch@rcn.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 16, 1999
          I have installed Red Hat 6.1 gnome workstation/x windows. I am having
          problems with the video, it seems that the resolution is at 1600 and I
          only see what's in the middle. How can I get the resolution to 800x600.

          Thanks
          Newbie
          Lootch