I have downloaded Debian 3.0

  • yowtzu
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2004
      I have a machine 8200 with geforce 4 64mb graphic card, 512 mb, 40g
      harddisk, cd-rw/dvd combo, 15' ultrasharp TFT+ monitor. internal
      modem and network card, and key board and touch pad...(haha...)

      i have few queries about installation,

      which package i need to install to my machine?

      after intalling package, how do install x windows?

      thanks
    • John Britton
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2004
        On 17:03 Fri 09 Jan , yowtzu wrote:
        > I have a machine 8200 with geforce 4 64mb graphic card, 512 mb, 40g
        > harddisk, cd-rw/dvd combo, 15' ultrasharp TFT+ monitor. internal
        > modem and network card, and key board and touch pad...(haha...)
        >
        > i have few queries about installation,
        >
        > which package i need to install to my machine?
        >
        > after intalling package, how do install x windows?
        Please read http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html at
        least twice. Really.
        --
        John Britton
        Centre for Bioengineering,
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2004
          On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 17:31:41 +0000
          John Britton <john.britton@...> wrote:

          > On 17:03 Fri 09 Jan , yowtzu wrote:
          > > I have a machine 8200 with geforce 4 64mb graphic card,
          > > 512 mb, 40g harddisk, cd-rw/dvd combo, 15' ultrasharp
          > > TFT+ monitor. internal modem and network card, and key
          > > board and touch pad...(haha...)
          > >
          > > i have few queries about installation,
          > >
          > > which package i need to install to my machine?
          > >
          > > after intalling package, how do install x windows?
          > Please read http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
          > at least twice. Really.

          Alternatively grab Libranet or Mepis: either will provide
          you with a nice Deb install minus some of the pain.

          Sean
          [Libranet 2.7 + 2.8 on i8200]

          --
          The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to
          catch up. - Steven Wright