Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Writing a .img floppy boot image to CD for i5100

  • Damien Solley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8 6:50 PM
      Hi Fig

      I use this command to make a bootable ISO image. Note that the boot.img
      is quoted relative to the _CD root_ (and MUST be included in the CD root
      file system).
      mkisofs -b boot.img -c boot.catalog -o Boot_CD.iso -J -r -T ISO_DIR/
      Then burn with: cdrecord -dev 0,0,0 Boot_CD.iso

      So, you could do just this with your image (simply copy and paste into a
      terminal):

      mkdir ISO_DIR
      #Add any files you want into ISO_DIR before you create the ISO. Then:
      cp s2d.img ISO_DIR/
      mkisofs -b s2d.img -c boot.catalog -J -r -T \
      ISO_DIR/ | cdrecord -dev 0,0,0 -

      That will create the ISO and burn it on-the-fly.
      Regards
      Damien