Re: Can't get laptop to send signal to e xter nal display port under linux

  • momsmeatballs
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2004
      Further investigation shows that if I boot the laptop with the
      projector already powered on and plugged into it, it can use the
      external display. HOWEVER, it sets it up as a second monitor, so I
      get half the screen on the laptop LCD, and half on the projector.
      What do I need to do in the bios/in linux to just use the projector as
      an alternative display instead of a second monitor?