Poblems Installing Mandrake 9.2 on Latitude C800

  • kb8dnr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2004
      Hello,

      I just found this list using Google out of necessity.

      I've tried several times to install Mandrake 9.2 on a Latitude C800
      using the same cd's that i used to (sucessfully) install Mandrake on
      a Dimension 4600.

      I usually get as far as the step where it wants to write lilo to the
      mbr, and the laptop seems to just power off. I've then tried
      rebooting with cd1 and doing an upgrade, but then I have problems
      configuring X and networking.

      Thanks in advance.

      Rick