Re: [linux-dell-laptops] XF86Config for Inspiron 5150

  • Tanmay Vernekar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2004
      hi 5150 has nvidia GeForce FX5200 card
      get the drivers from nvidia website than make changes to the xfconfig file

      here is my xfree config file

      # XFree86 4 configuration created by redhat-config-xfree86

      Section "ServerLayout"
      Identifier "Default Layout"
      Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
      InputDevice "Mouse[1]" "CorePointer"
      InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
      InputDevice "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
      EndSection

      Section "Files"
      # RgbPath is the location of the RGB database. Note, this is the name of the
      # file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db"). There is normally
      # no need to change the default.

      # Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
      # By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
      # the X server to render fonts.

      RgbPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
      FontPath "unix/:7100"
      EndSection

      Section "Module"
      Load "dbe"
      Load "extmod"
      Load "fbdevhw"
      Load "glx"
      Load "record"
      Load "freetype"
      Load "type1"
      Load "synaptics"
      EndSection

      Section "InputDevice"
      # Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
      # Option "Xleds" "1 2 3"

      # To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
      # Option "XkbDisable"

      # To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
      # lines below (which are the defaults). For example, for a non-U.S.
      # keyboard, you will probably want to use:
      # Option "XkbModel" "pc102"
      # If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
      # Option "XkbModel" "microsoft"
      #
      # Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
      # For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
      # Option "XkbLayout" "de"
      # or:
      # Option "XkbLayout" "de"
      # Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
      #
      # If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
      # control keys, use:
      # Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:swapcaps"
      # Or if you just want both to be control, use:
      # Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:nocaps"
      #
      Identifier "Keyboard0"
      Driver "keyboard"
      Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
      Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
      Option "XkbLayout" "gb"
      EndSection

      Section "InputDevice"
      Driver "synaptics"
      Identifier "Mouse[1]"
      Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
      Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
      Option "LeftEdge" "1900"
      Option "RightEdge" "5300"
      Option "TopEdge" "1900"
      Option "BottomEdge" "4000"
      Option "FingerLow" "25"
      Option "FingerHigh" "30"
      Option "MaxTapTime" "180"
      Option "MaxTapMove" "220"
      Option "VertScrollDelta" "100"
      Option "MinSpeed" "0.02"
      Option "MaxSpeed" "0.18"
      Option "AccelFactor" "0.0010"
      Option "SHMConfig" "on"
      #Option "Repeater" "/dev/ps2mouse"
      Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
      Option "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
      EndSection

      Section "InputDevice"
      # If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
      # this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
      # also use USB mice at the same time.
      Identifier "DevInputMice"
      Driver "mouse"
      Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
      Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
      Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
      Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
      EndSection

      Section "Monitor"
      Identifier "Monitor0"
      VendorName "Monitor Vendor"
      ModelName "Dell 1400x1050 Laptop Display Panel"
      HorizSync 31.5 - 90.0
      VertRefresh 60.0 - 60.0
      Option "dpms"
      EndSection

      Section "Device"
      Identifier "Videocard0"
      Driver "nvidia"
      VendorName "Videocard vendor"
      BoardName "Nvidia GeForce Fx Go5200"
      Option "NvAGP" "3"
      EndSection

      Section "Screen"
      Identifier "Screen0"
      Device "Videocard0"
      Monitor "Monitor0"
      DefaultDepth 24
      SubSection "Display"
      Depth 16
      Modes "800x600" "640x480"
      EndSubSection
      SubSection "Display"
      Depth 24
      Modes "1400x1050" "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
      EndSubSection
      EndSection

      Section "DRI"
      Group 0