Problems with Latitude C600+2.6.0.

  • Don
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2004
      I've got a Latitude C600 (750MHz/256M) running Debian (Woody) that I
      picked up from DFSdirect about a year ago, and while it's a rather
      nice little laptop, I've always wanted to get two things working on it
      under Linux; namely, suspend-to-disk and SpeedStep, neither of which
      are functional under the 2.4 kernel tree. 2.6.0 was, of course,
      released last December, and I figured I'd have a go to see if it
      works.

      Well, I can get the system up-and-running, and most everything seems
      functional (haven't had time to test out my Orinoco card), with the
      added bonus that I can fine-tune the touchpad settings. On the flip
      side, suspend seems completely broken, either with ACPI or APM. ACPI
      will suspend the laptop, but the system refuses to wake up at all --
      all I can do is reboot the machine. In APM mode, I can suspend the
      system and wake it up, but none of the hardware seems to turn off --
      fans still run, the harddrive still spins, and the screen stays on
      with every pixel blaring at full intensity (solid white screen). A
      lovely night-light to be sure, but rather less than useful for battery
      conservation.

      I haven't tried swsusp yet (suspend-to-RAM is more important for me),
      and the CPU frequency scaling doesn't work either -- loading the
      module produces no output whatsoever, and the module sits unused until
      I unload it.

      Switching back to 2.4.23 and everything works as expected.

      Any ideas?