[linux-dell-laptops] Dell Latitude CPt 400 MHZ

  • jstraus@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 10, 1999
      Hello,

      I'm about to attempt installing Redhat 6.1 on my Dell Latitude CPt, I
      am wondering if linux will run well on my laptop, and if there are any
      problems, how to fix them. I'm a linux newbie, so I'm hoping there
      won't be any complicated things I need to do to get it to work
      properly. Thanks,

      The Ever So Incoherent Jessica
    • AndreaG287@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 11, 1999
        Well X Windows might be a little bit complicated depending on your video
        card. But running Linux with just the command line and now X Windows should
        work fine.
      • Terrence O'Connor
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 11, 1999
          Printtool does not detect any device on my parrallel port after installing
          RH 6.1. I checked my bios settings and ensured my OS is not PnP and my
          parrallel port is set to AUTO and not PnP. However, I still cannot detect
          nor print to my printer, which previously worked under RH 6.0. Any help
          would be appreciated. Thanks. --tj
        • Terrence O'Connor
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 12, 1999
            Hi all,

            I tried compiling one of the new developmental 2.3x kernels that supports
            USB but I could not get it to work. Has anyone had any luck with any USB
            devices yet? Thanks. --tj
          • lootch@rcn.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 16, 1999
              I have installed Red Hat 6.1 gnome workstation/x windows. I am having
              problems with the video, it seems that the resolution is at 1600 and I
              only see what's in the middle. How can I get the resolution to 800x600.

              Thanks
              Newbie
              Lootch