SUSE vs Mandrake - Question inside

  • Edward_Sara
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2003
      Hey all,

      I'm going to buy a distribution to support the community, while I am
      leaning toward Mandrake due to my experience with it, I was wondering
      about SUSE...Has anyone managed to get their wireless cards to work
      properly with it? I have had problems using the SUSE liveeval CD, but
      am guessing that this is due to boot order issues where the network is
      brought up before PCMCIA. I end up only being able to communicate
      with my router, but cannot seem to get a nameserver.

      The only reason I'm considering SUSE is their recent acquisition by
      Novell. I believe that they will likely emerge as the top home user
      desktop as Red Hat discontinues support and moves to an enterprise
      business model, and this leads me to believe that they will have good
      support behind their product.

      Any comments would be appreciated.

      Thanks