Inspiron 1100

  • rbp_1980
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 6, 2003
      How can I connect the computer to an external monitor or proyector. I
      try FN+F8, but it didn't work and my computer totally freezes. I try
      using acme to configure the FN keys but there is no option for this isue.
    • Dustin C. Hatch
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 9, 2004
        I run Gentoo on my Dell Inspiron 1100 with the following (relavant) configuration:

        • Kernel 2.6.9-r1
          • VesaFB for framebuffer in console mode
          • vga=773 passed to the kernel at boot from GRUB
        • X.org 6.8.0
          • 1024×768 video resolution set in xorg.conf

        Jim wrote:

        I have the Inspiron 1100, and I would LOVez to put linux on it. That
        being said, I have tried a RedHat install, and I have used a LiveCD.
        (Knoppix) in each case, I get a small video screen in the middle
        instead of using the entire video display. What distro seems better
        suited for this make of laptop?

        Jim Gray