Using hdparm

  • impthegrey
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2003
      Sorry to post to this list so much, but it's been a great help so
      far. I have a general question about using hdparm at bootup. I've had
      a couple of people tell me that while it greatly speeds up
      performance, it's also unstable. Those people had it running great
      for a while, but then the drive slowly got corrupted, and ruined it
      basically. Now, are the parameters that are stated in the FAQ
      completely safe to use? I can't afford another drive right now, or
      anytime soon. The parameters are:
      append="idebus=66 ide0=dma ide1=dma devfs=mount"

      Thanks,

      Ryan