Linux on a Dell Inspiron 3000

  • shitworth
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2003
      I'm trying, with some success, to get Linux Red Hat 6.1 to work on an
      old Dell Inspiron 3000. However I can't get the graphics sorted out.
      From reading articles on the net (particularly
      http://www.nzgames.com/inspiron/#neo_rpm and
      http://www.ps.uci.edu/~tomba/inspiron/#summary) I figure I need the
      NeoMagic X server .rpm and that this may exist at
      ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/XFCom/XFCom-neomagic-glibc-2.0.0-1.i386.rpm
      but I can't get to this. If typed in it's entirity into my web
      browser it appears not to exist. If I try to type in an address for
      one of the directories I'm confronted with a box asking me to login.
      Does anyone know I can get to this file or could give it to me?