RH 9 on I- 8100 Cannot Get Modem To Work

  • atokal1320
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hello All,

      First forgive my ignorance as I have just installed Red Hat Linux 9
      for the first time and am unversed as to the command line, etc. And
      I stupidly deleted the response I received.

      I cannot seem to get my WinModem to work using Internet Connection
      Wizard; it hangs when it tries to connect to my ISP after I have
      manually added a modem. (I hope that remotely makes sense!) Probably
      a stupid question but is there a driver I need? If so, could someone
      point me in the right direction?

      Much thanks to all!

      Kim
    • Peter Hayes
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2003
        On 1 Dec 2003, at 18:43, atokal1320 wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > First forgive my ignorance as I have just installed Red Hat Linux 9
        > for the first time and am unversed as to the command line, etc. And
        > I stupidly deleted the response I received.
        >
        > I cannot seem to get my WinModem to work using Internet Connection
        > Wizard; it hangs when it tries to connect to my ISP after I have
        > manually added a modem. (I hope that remotely makes sense!) Probably
        > a stupid question but is there a driver I need? If so, could someone
        > point me in the right direction?

        Try www.linuxant.com

        Peter