Problem with USB Mouse, and ALSA

  • impthegrey
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hello,

      I'm having a problem getting my USB mouse to work properly. Right
      now, I'm plugging it into the C-Dock II (my laptop is the C610). When
      I compiled the kernel to support USB, it didn't work. The only way I
      could get it to work is to compile the kernel with NO USB support.
      Right now it's seeing it as imps/2. The mouse is a microsoft optical
      intellimouse. It works, but not great, the cursor moves fine, but it
      doesn't seem to register everytime I click. Sometimes I have to click
      10-20 times on things. As you can imagine this is very annoying.

      The other thing I'd like to know is if anyone out there has
      configured two soundcards with ALSA. I finally got the i810 to work
      last night, although the sound is a little messed up when i do other
      things. But, I want to do some recording using ardour, so I need the
      alsa drivers (I have a Delta 44 in the C-Dock/II), and jack as well.
      I'm not quite sure what to put in the modules.conf file for two
      cards. Although I'm using slackware, so I'm sticking the entries ALSA
      says to enter into rc.modules.

      Any help on these problems would be most appreciated.

      Ryan
    • impthegrey
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2003
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "impthegrey" <impinc@t...>
        wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I'm having a problem getting my USB mouse to work properly. Right
        > now, I'm plugging it into the C-Dock II (my laptop is the C610).
        When
        > I compiled the kernel to support USB, it didn't work. The only way
        > could get it to work is to compile the kernel with NO USB support.
        > Right now it's seeing it as imps/2. The mouse is a microsoft
        optical
        > intellimouse. It works, but not great, the cursor moves fine, but
        it
        > doesn't seem to register everytime I click. Sometimes I have to
        click
        > 10-20 times on things. As you can imagine this is very annoying.
        >
        > The other thing I'd like to know is if anyone out there has
        > configured two soundcards with ALSA. I finally got the i810 to work
        > last night, although the sound is a little messed up when i do
        other
        > things. But, I want to do some recording using ardour, so I need
        the
        > alsa drivers (I have a Delta 44 in the C-Dock/II), and jack as
        well.
        > I'm not quite sure what to put in the modules.conf file for two
        > cards. Although I'm using slackware, so I'm sticking the entries
        ALSA
        > says to enter into rc.modules.
        >
        > Any help on these problems would be most appreciated.

        In case anyone is curious, I got these problems resolved. The USB
        thing was my dumbass not reading the FAQ for this list. Actually I
        had forgotten to add the device filesystem for USB, so now things are
        working properly.

        As for the alsa thing, I installed the new drivers (they came out
        with a new version a couple days after I originally downloaded the
        drivers), then re-compiled, and now things are working right.
        Although I haven't been able to try the Delta card yet, the drivers
        are loaded so I'm assuming they're working properly.

        Ryan