Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: IRDA on I8k under RH9

  • Gabriel
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hi Jim,

      Duno if you've fixed it ...

      1) has your kernel module loaded (I doubt redhat build irda support hard into
      kernel, its probably loaded) ? try:
      lsmod | grep ir
      mine gives:
      irtty 7392 2 (autoclean)
      irda 112112 1 (autoclean) [irtty]

      2) also check if the irattach proc is running:
      $ ps -ef | grep iratta
      root 1121 1 0 10:41 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/irattach /dev/ttyS3
      -s
      gabriel 3437 2580 0 14:22 pts/1 00:00:00 grep iratta

      3) finally check in your dmesg or /var/log/messages what you see in irda ...
      errors ? that may also help.

      Hope this helps,

      Gabriel.

    • jimmckean47401
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
        gabriel -

        Thanks for your persistence. Actually, I have made some progress,
        but
        I am not sure how. (Late nights, what can I say?) It is possible
        that my irda startup script had a problem. I was looking thru it and
        thought I had accidently deleted a newline. Anyway, maybe it was
        really missing and I put it back. Anyway, that it is only thing I
        can
        remember doing except excluding irq 5 for a sopund card problem . . .
        . .

        So now, it is working again, irdadump is working, anyway. Now I just
        need to get gpilotd working every time.

        thanks again and sorry I don't have better diag information for the
        list.

        wrote:
        > Hi Jim,
        >
        > Duno if you've fixed it ...
        >
        > 1) has your kernel module loaded (I doubt redhat build irda support
        hard into
        > kernel, its probably loaded) ? try:
        > lsmod | grep ir
        > mine gives:
        > irtty 7392 2 (autoclean)
        > irda 112112 1 (autoclean) [irtty]
        >
        > 2) also check if the irattach proc is running:
        > $ ps -ef | grep iratta
        > root 1121 1 0 10:41 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/irattach
        /dev/ttyS3
        > -s
        > gabriel 3437 2580 0 14:22 pts/1 00:00:00 grep iratta
        >
        > 3) finally check in your dmesg or /var/log/messages what you see in
        irda ...
        > errors ? that may also help.
        >
        > Hope this helps,
        >
        > Gabriel.
        >
        > On Monday 01 December 2003 01:00, jimmckean47401 wrote:
        > > Belated thanks, Gabriel. But my file is the same except pointed to
        > > ttyS1, which agrees with the bios setting -- COM2.
        > >
        > > Jim
        > >
        > > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Gabriel <ggali_66@s...>
        > >
        > > wrote:
        > > > Hi Jim,
        > > >
        > > > I would also have a look at the /etc/sysconfig/irda file, mine
        > >
        > > reads:
        > > > IRDA=yes
        > > > DEVICE=/dev/ttyS3
        > > > #DONGLE=actisys+