Re: IRDA on I8k under RH9

  • jbyrne042
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2003

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "jimmckean47401" <jim@m...>
      wrote:

      > Hmmm - I don't HAVE an irda directory under /proc/sys/net. OK, that's
      > clearly a hint.
      >
      > Jim

      Try not to toppost (c;

      I should have pointed out that I have Redhat 9.0! Maybe this helps

    • Gabriel
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2003
        Hi Jim,

        Duno if you've fixed it ...

        1) has your kernel module loaded (I doubt redhat build irda support hard into
        kernel, its probably loaded) ? try:
        lsmod | grep ir
        mine gives:
        irtty 7392 2 (autoclean)
        irda 112112 1 (autoclean) [irtty]

        2) also check if the irattach proc is running:
        $ ps -ef | grep iratta
        root 1121 1 0 10:41 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/irattach /dev/ttyS3
        -s
        gabriel 3437 2580 0 14:22 pts/1 00:00:00 grep iratta

        3) finally check in your dmesg or /var/log/messages what you see in irda ...
        errors ? that may also help.

        Hope this helps,

        Gabriel.

      • jimmckean47401
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2003
          gabriel -

          Thanks for your persistence. Actually, I have made some progress,
          but
          I am not sure how. (Late nights, what can I say?) It is possible
          that my irda startup script had a problem. I was looking thru it and
          thought I had accidently deleted a newline. Anyway, maybe it was
          really missing and I put it back. Anyway, that it is only thing I
          can
          remember doing except excluding irq 5 for a sopund card problem . . .
          . .

          So now, it is working again, irdadump is working, anyway. Now I just
          need to get gpilotd working every time.

          thanks again and sorry I don't have better diag information for the
          list.

          wrote:
          > Hi Jim,
          >
          > Duno if you've fixed it ...
          >
          > 1) has your kernel module loaded (I doubt redhat build irda support
          hard into
          > kernel, its probably loaded) ? try:
          > lsmod | grep ir
          > mine gives:
          > irtty 7392 2 (autoclean)
          > irda 112112 1 (autoclean) [irtty]
          >
          > 2) also check if the irattach proc is running:
          > $ ps -ef | grep iratta
          > root 1121 1 0 10:41 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/irattach
          /dev/ttyS3
          > -s
          > gabriel 3437 2580 0 14:22 pts/1 00:00:00 grep iratta
          >
          > 3) finally check in your dmesg or /var/log/messages what you see in
          irda ...
          > errors ? that may also help.
          >
          > Hope this helps,
          >
          > Gabriel.
          >
          > On Monday 01 December 2003 01:00, jimmckean47401 wrote:
          > > Belated thanks, Gabriel. But my file is the same except pointed to
          > > ttyS1, which agrees with the bios setting -- COM2.
          > >
          > > Jim
          > >
          > > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Gabriel <ggali_66@s...>
          > >
          > > wrote:
          > > > Hi Jim,
          > > >
          > > > I would also have a look at the /etc/sysconfig/irda file, mine
          > >
          > > reads:
          > > > IRDA=yes
          > > > DEVICE=/dev/ttyS3
          > > > #DONGLE=actisys+