Re: LCD Screen

  • azoele
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2003
      > If it is "dead" center in the screen, here's what happened.
      > At some point a weight was either placed on top of the laptop while it was
      in
      > the closed position or it was "squeezed" while it was in a laptop bag. This
      > caused the pointer in the middle of the keyboard to make an impression in
      > the LCD screen. I've seen this happen to the point where there are
      > impressions of the keys as well. You can try and call Dell and get them to
      > see it as a defect, I've never had much success though since it falls under
      > the "abuse" catagory and this is precisely the reason that Dell ships laptops
      > the way they do in the "H" shaped end covers.

      It is not dead, you can see colors, only it is a brighter ring, perhaps cause by
      pressure (but don't know, I usually put only a pen on the laptop at worst!).
      I would like to see if the metal case is slightly bent, perhaps it is pushing from
      behind slightly, because the lcd matrix works: it is just slightly lighter in those
      points on the ring, but apart from that, I get any color to display properly (I
      usually watch movies).

      Is there any way to remove the metal cover to check?
      Or calling Dell, what to say them not the get let down at the phone?
      My D800 has got a 3years warranty, so if I convince them to send an
      engineer, he will come with a new screen and swap it.
      Any suggestion?

      Lory