Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Intel PRO Wireless works under linux

  • Sean Gibbins
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2003
      --------- Original Message --------
      From: linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com
      To: linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com <linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [linux-dell-laptops] Intel PRO Wireless works under linux
      Date: 24/11/03 16:19

      > Not sure if you guys know about this or not but just
      > wanted to tell you that those who are using Centrino
      > integrated wireless technology, it works great with
      > drivers from linuxant.com emulating windows drivers
      > under almost all linux flavors.
      > It has got free trial to try for 30 days,

      Hi Suman,

      I've got the drivers loaded, but it's a bit of a mystery how I tell the
      interface about my wireless settings.

      With my pcmcia card I define all the settings relevant to my network in
      /etc/wlan/... in the appropriate config files. I have defined eth1 in
      /etc/network/interfaces, but do not know how to tell the interface about my
      ESSID, WEP key, etc. How did you achieve this?

      Regards,

      Sean

      Message sent using UebiMiau 2.7.2