Bootsplash and framebuffer on i2600

  • Sam Michaels
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2003
      I have bootsplash and framebuffer working on my other Gentoo box, but
      not my i2600.

      It would reject any video modes over 256 colors so I have to send the
      following to the kernel:

      video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr vga=0x305

      It doesn't display the picture. I've done everything including creating
      custom bootsplash images and config files. I see Tux when it switches
      to 1024x768 and then Tux goes away after a few seconds.

      From dmesg:

      vesafb: framebuffer at 0xe8000000, mapped to 0xc880a000, size 832k
      vesafb: mode is 1024x768x8, linelength=1024, pages=0
      vesafb: protected mode interface info at a4f3:1f5f
      vesafb: scrolling: redraw
      Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 128x48
      fb0: VESA VGA frame buffer device

      I'm using the A04 BIOS. Any insight would be appreciated.

      At the very least there's more text that fits on the screen in 1024x768
      mode :)

      Sam