Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Spinning Drive in mdk 9.1

  • Jon Daley
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2003
      When netscape is running, it likes to check the bookmarks file,
      (and perhaps other stuff) while it is idle. I have checked in the latest
      version, I just always close it down whenever I am not using it.

      On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Edward_Sara wrote:

      > Has anyone ever experienced an issue where, when idle, the system
      > seems to write a small amount of data to the hard drive a couple of
      > times per minute. It only writes for 1-2 seconds, stops and begins
      > again anywhere from 15-30 seconds later.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Ed

      * Jonathan M. Daley * Advice is what we ask for *
      * * when we already know the *
      * jondaley@... * answer but wish we didn't. *
      * * -- Erica Jong *
      * www.snurgle.org/~jondaley * *