insp. 600m + RH9 + ACPI: How to suspends

  • Jazz
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2003
      Hello all,

      Glad to find this group, some people do use linux on their dell notebook.

      I have done some reading and replaced the APM with ACPI using kernel
      2.4.22 + AC1 patch. Now I have ACPI working. However, I have some
      questions:
      1. Now, when the screen closed it does not turn off the monitor (Even
      the small pin for the screen press, the screen does not turn off). Is
      this because I have to re-program the buttons again? How can I do that?
      2. How does linux supports suspends, if I did it using gnome-battery
      applet, it does not have the command yet.

      For the first one question, before the kernel was upgraded, everytime
      the screen close, it would grabled when the screen was open again.

      Thanks in advance for the help.

      jazz