Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Mandrake 9.2 frying L.G's CDROMs

  • Prema
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 9, 2003
      I don't think the damage is permanent. Check out the
      mandrake-linux site for details on repair - i'm sure i
      saw it the other day.

      I have a 500m inspiron - and it's not of LG make.
      If you still have XP when it came preinstalled in your
      machine, you can download a simple tool made by Nero
      to check your CD-RW/DVD drive brand. The tool is
      available for download at the mandrake linux site.

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree