Projecting from Precision M50

  • gophstoughton
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2003
      Running redhat linux 9 on a Dell Precision M50.

      We can't get the screen to show all of the pixels while projecting.
      While not projecting, the lower resolution works fine, but when the
      ouput cable is plugged in, the screen size is truncated.

      Is there something in the BIOS I need to update?

      Thanks.
    • John Britton
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2003

        > We can't get the screen to show all of the pixels while projecting.
        > While not projecting, the lower resolution works fine, but when the
        > ouput cable is plugged in, the screen size is truncated.

        Have you tried having the laptop running prior to plugging in the
        projector? Also you've probably checked the maximum resolution supported
        by the projector?
        __
        John Britton
        Centre for Bioengineering,
        Trinity College, University of Dublin
        www.biomechanics.ie
      • gophstoughton
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2003
          The behaviour is the same whether I plug in the projector after
          booting or before powering and booting.

          We have the resolution set to the projector's maximum resolution.

          This resolution works fine on the screen unless the projector is
          plugged in.

          --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, John Britton