Re: SuSE 9.0 on dell i8000

  • pben2
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2003
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "wabliwicasa64109"
      <sicangu@s...> wrote:
      > I a mewbie to linux, and have been playing around with various free
      > downloads. I wanted tu support the open source people and finally
      > decided to purchase a version and picked SuSE 9.0. It loaded very
      > easily and I have every thing but my DVD working, I guess there is
      > some legal issues? Anyway to get around that? It works and looks
      good.

      > Bob

      You will need to download either Xine, Mplayer, or ogle. The mplayer
      that comes with SuSE is crippled but there is a good version at:

      http://packman.links2linux.org/

      There is a huge number of dependencies, you can download all the rpm
      need at packman's site. I perfer to use kpackage to install rpms but
      YAST may work better for you than it does for me.

      Ogle is available at:

      http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/

      I had problems getting the current version to work with SuSE 8.2
      (dependency problems), but a proevious version worked great.

      pben