Re: General Questions

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2003
      > Also currently about 50% of the time when my laptop comes out of
      > sleep, the fans go nuts blowing as fast as they can and I dont know
      > how to make them normal again. is this somethign that might be
      > resolved by getting acpi on there?

      Pressing Fn-z should reset the fans.

      Kevin
    • Simeon Bateman
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2003
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Simeon Bateman"
        > I would like to use the acpi stuff but I am pretty sure it installed
        > the apmd instead. Does anybody have a link to a howto on replacing
        > apmd with acpi?

        Found this and everything went pretty well as far as I can tell.
        Check it out, and let me know how this compares to how others have
        done it.

        http://justlinux.com/forum/showthread.php?s=d899afbd5aa124a64cad828c39e1078b&threadid=115804&highlight=acpi