Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Problem with installing Linuxant driver on Inspiron 8500 with Redhat 9

  • Allan Gottlieb
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
      I believe the 1300 does not have linux support due to lack of specs
      from the manufacturer. Others have reported success with the 1150 and
      that is what I am planning to buy.

      hth,
      allan

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
        laptops/message/21470

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Allan Gottlieb
        <gottlieb@n...> wrote:
        > I believe the 1300 does not have linux support due to lack of specs
        > from the manufacturer. Others have reported success with the 1150
        and
        > that is what I am planning to buy.
        >
        > hth,
        > allan
        >
        > At Sun, 02 Nov 2003 16:19:13 +0000 reefcrazed1012000
        <reefcrazed@b...> wrote:

        > > I tried to install the Linuxant driver this morning for my
        Truemobile
        > > 1300 mini PCI wireless card, all seemed to be going well but when
        > > ran the RPM I got an error refering to PERL CGI's not being
        installed
        > > and the web configurater will not work properly, and of course it
        did not.

        > > I am very very new to Linux and no nothing about Perl or how to
        enable
        > > it. I understand that PERL is supposed to be integrated right ?
        But
        > > have no idea why i get this error if anyone can assist.
        > >
        > > I think for being new to this i must be doing ok, after a day of
        > > playing i managed to get Redhat installed and display, sound, RJ45
        > > networking doing fine. This should be the last device that is not
        > > working i hope.
        > >
        > > Thanks for all the assistance.

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Damien Solley
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
          On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 03:19, reefcrazed1012000 wrote:
          > I tried to install the Linuxant driver this morning for my Truemobile
          > 1300 mini PCI wireless card, all seemed to be going well but when i
          > ran the RPM I got an error refering to PERL CGI's not being installed
          > and the web configurater will not work properly, and of course it did
          > not.
          >
          > I am very very new to Linux and no nothing about Perl or how to enable
          > it. I understand that PERL is supposed to be integrated right ? But
          > have no idea why i get this error if anyone can assist.
          >
          > I think for being new to this i must be doing ok, after a day of
          > playing i managed to get Redhat installed and display, sound, RJ45
          > networking doing fine. This should be the last device that is not
          > working i hope.
          >
          > Thanks for all the assistance.

          Install the packages perl (likely already installed) and perl-CGI from
          your Redhat installation CDs. It'll be in the Redhat/RPMS folder of one
          of the CDs, and will be called perl-CGI*.rpm
          Happy hunting,
          Damien