Problem with installing Linuxant driver on Inspiron 8500 with Redhat 9

  • reefcrazed1012000
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
      I tried to install the Linuxant driver this morning for my Truemobile
      1300 mini PCI wireless card, all seemed to be going well but when i
      ran the RPM I got an error refering to PERL CGI's not being installed
      and the web configurater will not work properly, and of course it did not.

      I am very very new to Linux and no nothing about Perl or how to enable
      it. I understand that PERL is supposed to be integrated right ? But
      have no idea why i get this error if anyone can assist.

      I think for being new to this i must be doing ok, after a day of
      playing i managed to get Redhat installed and display, sound, RJ45
      networking doing fine. This should be the last device that is not
      working i hope.

      Thanks for all the assistance.
    • Allan Gottlieb
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
        I believe the 1300 does not have linux support due to lack of specs
        from the manufacturer. Others have reported success with the 1150 and
        that is what I am planning to buy.

        hth,
        allan

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
          laptops/message/21470

          --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Allan Gottlieb
          <gottlieb@n...> wrote:
          > I believe the 1300 does not have linux support due to lack of specs
          > from the manufacturer. Others have reported success with the 1150
          and
          > that is what I am planning to buy.
          >
          > hth,
          > allan
          >
          > At Sun, 02 Nov 2003 16:19:13 +0000 reefcrazed1012000
          <reefcrazed@b...> wrote:

          > > I tried to install the Linuxant driver this morning for my
          Truemobile
          > > 1300 mini PCI wireless card, all seemed to be going well but when
          > > ran the RPM I got an error refering to PERL CGI's not being
          installed
          > > and the web configurater will not work properly, and of course it
          did not.

          > > I am very very new to Linux and no nothing about Perl or how to
          enable
          > > it. I understand that PERL is supposed to be integrated right ?
          But
          > > have no idea why i get this error if anyone can assist.
          > >
          > > I think for being new to this i must be doing ok, after a day of
          > > playing i managed to get Redhat installed and display, sound, RJ45
          > > networking doing fine. This should be the last device that is not
          > > working i hope.
          > >
          > > Thanks for all the assistance.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Damien Solley
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
            On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 03:19, reefcrazed1012000 wrote:
            > I tried to install the Linuxant driver this morning for my Truemobile
            > 1300 mini PCI wireless card, all seemed to be going well but when i
            > ran the RPM I got an error refering to PERL CGI's not being installed
            > and the web configurater will not work properly, and of course it did
            > not.
            >
            > I am very very new to Linux and no nothing about Perl or how to enable
            > it. I understand that PERL is supposed to be integrated right ? But
            > have no idea why i get this error if anyone can assist.
            >
            > I think for being new to this i must be doing ok, after a day of
            > playing i managed to get Redhat installed and display, sound, RJ45
            > networking doing fine. This should be the last device that is not
            > working i hope.
            >
            > Thanks for all the assistance.

            Install the packages perl (likely already installed) and perl-CGI from
            your Redhat installation CDs. It'll be in the Redhat/RPMS folder of one
            of the CDs, and will be called perl-CGI*.rpm
            Happy hunting,
            Damien