Re: [linux-dell-laptops] installed mandrake 9.2 on dell latitude cp

  • William Whittaker
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2003
      I am no expert by any means, but,...
      If I were trying to do a PPP from a modem I would do
      it from within a gnome window not a terminal
      Assuming you are going to do some surfing from within
      mozilla or something you are going to need to be
      running "X" with gnome, or KDE .... right ?

      Just choose it from the menu

      Bill De Geek
      --- captainlupe <captainlupe@...> wrote:
      > i am completely new to linux and have just installed
      > mandrake 9.2 on
      > my latitude cp. it has a cs4237b soundcard and a
      > xj1560 u.s. robotics
      > modem. everything works great, except am having
      > problems with sound
      > and connecting to the internet. i have tried
      > configuring my internet
      > connection using gppp but am unable to open this
      > program from a
      > terminal. can anyone out there help me with this?
      > but please bear in
      > mind i'm a total idiot around computers. thanks,
      > captain lupe

      =====
      Jedi Knight, & Gentleman..