OT: Linux DVD backup

  • Justin Ellison
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2003
      Hi all,

      Looking into getting a DVD burner, and doing a little research.
      There's Windows utilities out there aplenty that will take a DVD9, and
      using compression, will shrink the DVD down into 1 DVD5, or split the
      DVD9 into two DVD5's.
      My home DVD player is crap, and doesn't play SVCD, XSVCD, or anything
      aside from VCD - so I want to keep the DVD structure intact. I've found
      dvdbackup to decrypt and rip the original to the hard drive. Transcode
      and dvd::rip will do the same + encode the VOB's to SVCD, et al. But
      what I'm looking for is something that keeps the VOB DVD structure in
      place, just compresses or splits the originals. I can't and won't run
      Windows. Anyone have any ideas?

      Justin
      --
      Justin Ellison <justin@...>