Error loading toshiba_acpi

  • Diwaker Gupta
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2003

      I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 running Fedora Core 3, kernel 2.4.22-nptl.

      I get an error message at boot time -- init_module tries to load
      toshiba_acpi.o module, and returns with an error saying that no such
      device found.

      First off, I dont have a toshiba machine, so why do I need this module?
      Secondly, how do I tell init_module NOT to load the module at boot time.
      I've look at different files in /etc but am not able to zero down.

      Any ideas anyone?

      PS: Of course, the module file IS included in the kernel modules

      --
      Diwaker Gupta
      Graduate Student, Computer Sc. and Engg.