Re: [linux-dell-laptops] DRI (direct rendering) on Dell C610

  • Marc Franquesa
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2003
      On dc, 2003-10-29 at 04:40, wwwpochta wrote:

      > Somebody has working DRI on Dell C610

      No, but I have working DRI on Dell Inspiron 4150.

      > I installed Debian unstable(sid). So now I have X 4.2.1 and kernel 2.4.22

      Check which XFree version: 4.x, 4.3?

      > I already added AGPGART to kernel and Radeon card support.
      > /etc/X11/XFConfig-4 ===>
      > LoadModule "glx"
      > LoadModule "dri"
      > Driver "radeon"
      >
      > But have "Direct rendering disable" message in /var/log/XFree86.0
      >
      > glxinfo also show Direct rendering: No
      >
      > Your help will be really appreciated

      I thing that your problem may be on the radeon.o kernel module version
      (taht was my problem).

      In the DRI doc, it says that the module version shipped with standard
      vanilla 2.4 kernels is only for XFree86 v4.1. It is possible that the
      XFree86 Package provides the correct version but not secure.

      Download the correct version from dri.sourceforge.net, compile it and
      test if it works with the new modules. Make sure to unload the old ones
      and do a 'depmod -a' before load the new modules.

      In the DRI documentation are more hints and tricks (versions, GL libs,
      bus mastering, ...)

      Luck!