RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Partitions issue w/ XP

  • Bazarewsky, Michael C.
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2003
      This might not be an ideal answer (and it's quite late, but I'm catching
      up on the list), but you might be able to unmount the drive in XP via
      Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management, secondary-click the
      drive, choose "Change Drive Letter and Paths", and remove the drive
      letter, then hibernate, then when you come back up in XP, reassign the
      drive letter.

      You could also try a simple F5 in the Explorer window to see if it
      refreshes the view.

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2003
        > You could also try a simple F5 in the Explorer
        > window to see if it
        > refreshes the view.

        I've tried that. Even from a "dos" prompt (why do we
        call it a dos prompt anymore, it really isn't...)
        doing a dir doesn't show anything I wrote to the disk.
        I'll keep fiddling and experimenting with things to
        see if I can find a definite answer.

        =====
        Sing me a song, you're a singerDo me a wrong, you're a bringer of evilThe devil is never a makerThe less that you give, you're a takerSo it's on and on and on, it's heaven and hellOh well"Heavan and Hell" - Black Sabbath

        http://shopping.yahoo.com