DSDT and 8100

  • Rick Barnes
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2003
      Hello,
      I've been trying to follow the threads pertaining to getting acpi to work.
      I think I understand what to do, but want to verify. I downloaded a patched
      DSDT for the 8100 from apci.sf.net. Now all the how-to's mention to copy
      current dsdt, disassemble table and fix, I assume I can skip these steps
      and proceed with compliling the dsdt i downloaded and copy it back in the
      kernel source. Is this correct, or am I missing something?

      TIA,
      Rick
      On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray,
      Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
      answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
      confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage
      Rick Barnes ribarnes@...
      gpgkey: E91685CD at pgp.mit.edu